View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 10:55 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Former member of right-wing conspiracy here. A national sales tax is a terrible, I repeat, terrible idea.

The tax would take the form of a value-added tax, such as the tax used by the EU or the national gas tax. Notice people bitch about the price of gas, but noone ever points out that there are 30+ cents of tax there. Adjusted for inflation, gasoline is cheaper than it was in the 20's when Texans were selling it cheaper than it cost to make it. As such, people will bitch about price rather than taxes, so the government will for the most part get a free pass when they raise taxes.

Second, like it was earlier said. It is very regressive. UNLESS, you exempt a number of items, like we do in Texas. And I, for one, don't want to open up that can of worms.

Third, it makes the small business owner the nation's tax collector, which, I for one do not want to do.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote