View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #656
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
about faceguarding, ive never heard anyone say its no longer against the rules. As you said dirno i dont really hear the officials call it faceguarding but you have to make a play on the ball or at least try to locate it. Newman got called for pi last year on a play when he jumped and the ball hit him in the butt because he never turned around. He never made contact with the receiver.

Chum, if youre talking about the forceout play its not certain but it looked pretty likely that he would have gotten the other foot in if he wasnt forced out.

BTW one other thing about this game. Im waiting on some coach to take advantage of this rule and if the to catch had been a catch last night would have been the perfect time to do so. Everyone knows about the 10 second run off for illegal procedure right? Well there is no such run off for illegal formation. If i was in a situation like last night where i had a receiver catch a ball in bounds, id just have two receivers run up to the line of scrimmage, one hike the ball to the other one and make the other one spike it. I know it sounds nuts and it would be an illegal formation but if no one was moving(and this is the key, the other 9 guys would have to be completely set) that would not be an illegal procedure penalty and as such would not be subject to the ten second run off. I just want to see someone take advantage of that rule.
Wouldn't the opponent be offsides, also? You wouldn't even lose any yardage for it. I doubt the refs would have any clue what was going on, either.