View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
All this hate and underestimation is BS. And, I'm not just staying that as a homer Mavs fan.

Sure teams look really good on paper in the West. But, just because you add names doesn't mean you add points. It means you have more people needing the ball. In some cases, more names = less opportunity for players to get in the groove they are use to. Will more names result in higher FG%? I think that is remained to be seen. Chemistry is going to play a big role, and injuries are still likely to happen. I bet at least 1-2 teams everyone expects to be in the top 6 - won't be in the top 8. Shit happens, and there's a chance it will happen to other teams other than the Mavs.

Everyone is opting for the scenario where this Mavs unit doesn't stay healthy. If we assumed we stay healthy, is this not a better Mavs roster than we've had? This is group of players that seem to be really great fits for this org and very complimentary to one another, unlike even the great offensive roster of late. If we get/remain healthy, I like our chances of being a big surprise. And screw just making the playoffs - this team can compete for a championship if everyone plays to their potential. This group is not like the hodgepodge '12-'14 rosters - I'm excited about the potential of every single player on this roster.

I think everyone is just a little hungover from the Deandre debacle, and also see that Tyson left and think we are doomed because of that. They are also giving too much sway to Monta leaving, and again assuming the worst with Parsons, Deron, and Wes. We're an easy target to hate on, and sports pundits need teams to hate on. But, I think 2011 proved that you don't have to have a prototypical big 3 to be successful in this league. You need to play hard, gel as a team, and have talent from starter down to 15th man. I think that can all be true with this team.

/rant
Who is this aimed at? I assume partly me, because I tend to agree that 38-45 wins is most likely.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote