View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm not necessarily claiming he will be. What I'm saying is that this signing should not elicit a reaction of "well, we've replaced Damp, he's no longer needed". That's putting way too much faith in a player that absolutely has not proven himself as a starting caliber player.

There is just no way, imo, that the Mavs are willing to go into the season with a Gortat/Hollins center rotation. I could be wrong, obviously, but I believe very strongly that I'm not.

So yes, the idea that the Mavs have acquired an upgrade over Damp, right now, in some people's eyes absolutely makes me want to slam my head against my desk.
If he's not coming here to replace Damp, then he's coming here to back him up. Using the full MLE on a backup player *might* give one reason to bang head on desk.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote