View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #117
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
gortat isnt anything like james either.

the point of the comparison was that like okur who was relatively overhyped in relation to his production in detroit, we'll either get something at best that pretty serviceable, or at worst is going to be a horrendous personnel decision.
Ah, I see. I never got the impression that Okur got a lot of hype back when he was with Detroit. Although I would say he was good off the bench with them, not a one hit wonder like Jerome James.

Also, I don't see Gortat as a bust. EVERY TIME the man got a start/lots of minutes due to Howard being injured/suspended/foul trouble ect., he produced big time. He's athletic, great hops, great rebounder, can run the floor, can finish, good defender (especially weakside). I don't see him as a J. James who was overhyped bc he scored in the post decently vs. SA in the playoffs, rd. 1 mind you. Gortat is for real.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote