View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #87
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
DALLAS SENDS:
Terry
Butler
D. Jones
Haywood
2010 1st
2012 1st

PHILLY SENDS:
Iguodala
Brand
Nocioni

WHY FOR US: We clearly get the two best players in the deal (Iggy and Brand, who has played extremely well this year) and have a chance to compete today and tomorrow.

WHY FOR PHILLY: We take their three largest contracts and send them a starting center as well as two picks.
I wouldn't do that deal. We'd lose way too much offensive firepower by giving away Butler AND Terry. Iggy's a decent scorer, but far from great and not worth both Jet and Caron. Butler/Stevenson/DoJo for Iggy/Nocioni works and sounds much better to me.

The only reason that would at least make me think about taking on Brand's contract would be if Haywood continued to play like crap as a result of not being a starter and the 76ers wanted his contract instead of Brand's. Then, and only then, I could see him included in any deal. In that case, however, Jet should never be included. Instead, it should look something like Butler/Haywood/Stevenson/Jones for Iggy/Brand. And no picks. Taking on their two biggest contracts is enough for a team that's going absolutely nowhere with those two contracts. We would give them the ultimate chance to rebuild.

Last edited by dalger; 11-29-2010 at 03:09 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote