View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 03:03 PM   #16
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Noway SAC is the best team ever assembled. I do not believe they have 5 of the top 60 players like we currently do. While I agree they are double deep across the board, there are only so many total minutes per game and their coach has a horrible habit of going 8 deep rotation most of the time. Why do you need 10 deep if 2 set most of the time? The best teams have 2 or 3 big time top players (Current Lakers) (Celtics with Bird/Mccale) (Bulls with Jordan/Pippen) Lakers with Magic/Kareem) etc. Back ups like Clark DO NOT WIN TITLES. Stars win titles.........AND THE MAVS top 3 or 4 players match up well with their top 3 or 4...and ours continue to improve. Back ups shpould be used to rest your star player through the season. Cubes has said that WILL HAPPEN in 2003, so lets see the play-offs with our stars as fresh as anyones...I am willing to bet we will give everyone a run for the money...Call me a homer, but I still take Mavs squad over Sac's...

Lets see were we are in the spring. I feel the Mavs are still on the UP CURVE as far as improvemnt per player as we are the youngest of the 3 top west teams....
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote