View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #79
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You are 100% right. Even with Dirk and Zaza we were hanging around 20th-25th in the league in boards. It's partly Dirk. It's partly crappy centers. It's partly the thee guard lineup. It's partly the facts that we are old and Rick wants us to get back so we don't crash boards. It's partly Rick's strategy or lack therof
We are 8th in DREB's per game. We are 4th worst in OREB's per game. Making us 20th roughly in total rebounding. So yeah I agree a lot of factors go into that. The biggest ones to me being that the lineups we use and the personnel on the floor have forced us to prioritize getting back and not crashing the boards. I can live with top 10 defensive rebounding. The killer is that we get no second chance points on offense from OREB's. Mavs are 2nd worst in the NBA in second chance points. And they are only 1 point better than the Wizards for that coveted worst place spot.

--Edit--
Actually we are even worse than that. While we may get a decent # of drebs that may be partly due to pace. Our actual defensive reb% is right around the middle of NBA, then we are 2nd worst in Oreb% making our total reb% bottom 5 in the NBA. So yeah lots of factors to be that bad.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...&team=1&qual=1

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 03-18-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote