View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #322
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I guess it was, the obvious hustle stat for rebounds paints that picture clearly. When you get killed on the boards by 10, especially on the defensive end, I think we gave 17 of them, that's a lot of laziness, maybe tired legs.
The loss was not easy to take at first because you were hoping that the mojo could get back on track but it was clearly a case of getting the Lakers at the right time to avoid a full-blown meltdown.

The Lakers were piss-poor on defense and the Mavs had a very good shooting night from the perimeter. Their defense wasn't good but the Mavs had a hard time dealing with the length. The energy level was going to be up for that game and it's hard to battle right back the next night.

I'm also not buying the whole Dirk isn't ready shtick. Again, he's still going to need time to adjust to playing NBA basketball after being off for 3 weeks. And the shooting...How we forget the dude was shooting the lights out before the injury. Rust and an eventual drop - it was bound to happen.