View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light
Default What would the championship team look like today

if we had re-signed the key pieces? Chandler, Barea, Terry, Kidd? Everyone was screaming about financial flexibility and what not. If I remember correctly Barea signed a 3 year deal with Minnesota. He would be coming off the books at the same time as Dirk, Marion. Chandler was ready to give us a hometown discount as he has said on numerous occasions. So the same time that all the big contracts came off the books we'd really only have Chandler on the books and even if he signed for the 14 a year that's still a fair contract. So we could have defended the title and still ended up with the dry powder. It's looking more and more like the worst decision in Mavericks history. I was one of the few on the board that called it a bad move at the time. You can sign players but you rarely know how they will play in crunch time. We knew we had a clutch team.

Either way I still think that team would be in the top 4 in the conference and probably have added a few pieces along the way as players would have wanted to play with a solid team.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote