View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
The early returns has Fizth dominating with $1500 vCash on a Cavaliers win.

One possible abusement of this vBookie system is this: Say you know that the mavs are going to beat the warriers. But you start a vbet thread setting odds on a mavericks win at 4 to 1. The advantage to you is that you know you were going to do this and you did not have any other bets going at the time using your vCash. But others were not prepared for this and had vCash out on other bets that weren't settled. You clean up on the mavs, while you leave the others in the dust. Your rep might suffer, but you dominate the richest leader board. Is there any way to keep betting odds relatively realistic when the originator can set any odds he wants?

Also, I bet $500 on games that have not been played yet, but because I bet these yesterday, I get $25 free today, even though I have not lost a bet yet. Unfair?

The mods will be keeping an eye out for potential abuse. Any such threads will be deleted. We had discussed perhaps only allowing the mods to create new vBookie events (to prevent "cheating"), but for the time being, we'll keep the option open to all members. I hope the vBookie add-on will be fun for everyone, noobs/lurkers and old-timers alike. One thing I think would be pretty cool is if we could somehow implement real Vegas odds. We're definitely open to suggestions.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote