View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #76
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I see the "mental illness" thing touted often when these killing sprees occur, so I guess we can be thankful that Trump reversed Obama's ban on selling guns to mentally ill people... Wait, what??
You are obviously much more in tune with everything political than I am and rather than make it seem like I'm trying to pick a fight, which I honestly am not, will you read these and let me know your thoughts for/against? From my quick scanning, it looks like the repeal was against the Social Security Administration deeming someone mentally ill based on the sole fact they were in financial distress.

gop-did-not-just-repeal-background-check-system-or-give-guns-mentally-ill

This is the ACLU letter referenced in the article actually asking for the repeal:

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/wp-co...17/01/ACLU.pdf

So my brother is on disability and struggles financially, should he be declared "mentally ill" by the SSA and prevented from buying a gun? Actually, he is an OKC Thunder fan so there is that also.

Last edited by MavzMan; 10-02-2017 at 02:08 PM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote