View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #428
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'd probably call it a really mediocre last two seasons. I didn't mind the final episode.... I certainly didn't mind Dany going mad. She had shown signs of being a bit out of control ever since she gained power..
Yeah parts of season 8 were good. Definitely got back to what made it good (in parts). Still some awful

Just felt really rushed and some characters took turns that weren't necessarily bad, but just seemed illogical without the time to develop them (Tyrion's crush on Dany, everything Jaime-Brienne, Dany going from kinda wicked to full monster, etc.)

I think it was mostly sunk by season 7 basically being written by a bunch of writers with the idea that they needed big action to keep people interested while really just treading water for an entire season. If they had actually progressed the plot and developed characters last season, this season could have been okay.

Still a lot of foreshadowing that never paid off (Night King mythos, R+L=J, etc.), but it would have felt more earned

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-22-2019 at 10:25 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote