View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #432
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Dany becoming mad Dany to the point that Jon has to kill her, must have been Martin’s idea for the story from the beginning, right? I know that HBO has been writing the last couple of seasons, but they wouldn’t have made that part up, right? Did anyone actually think that Martin’s idea was that Dany would liberate the world, and she would be pinning medals on Jon and Tyrion like they were Luke Skywalker and r2d2?

I agree that Dany was never meant to be the hero that everyone made her out to be, but I was hoping for a little character development and nuance. Instead she went mad with rage and acted completely out of character.

I think a better way to play it would have been the following: (SPOILER ALERT)

-Dany finds out Jon is a Targaryen first. Sam tells Jorah while Jorah is at Maester Uni being treated, and Jorah tells Dany. This sets up the conflict between Dany's love for Jon and her ruthless desire to rule
-Dany keeps Sam from telling Jon by sending assassins who kill Sam before he can inform Jon
-Dany thinks all is clear not knowing Bran knows
-During the Battle, shit's getting wild and Bran realizes they're on the brink of losing, he goes back in time to warn Aerys Targaryen about the white walker threat
-Bran makes Aerys go mad similar to way he made Hodor go made... we see Bran is responsible for turning Aerys into the "Mad King"
-Bran comes back to the Battle of Winterfell, he sees the night king, he goes into the past one more time warging into the man the children of the forest turned into the Night King to warn the children of the forest... Bran becomes stuck in this body
-Jon begins to battle the Night King and is on the verge of death when a white walker comes up from behind and murders the night king, this white walker is actually Arya wearing a face
-Bran is in a coma never to return
-We see someone Sam trusted receiving a raven noting that in case anything should happen to him, tell Jon he is actually a Targaryen

p.s. these are not all my original ideas, some definitely came from Youtubers who I can't remember at the moment

Last edited by tap2390; 05-23-2019 at 09:32 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote