Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 12:18 PM   #324
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Thursday can?t come soon enough. Hopefully JB makes his decision known quick because I don?t want to wait around (not that it matters because we can?t sign anyone else). Do the Knicks need us to do a SnT in order for them to pay Brunson what he might be looking for? Part of me wants to tell Brunson either sign with Dallas to our offer, or if you really want to go to NY then you sign whatever they can offer you. I think Cuban would do JB right though and help facilitate a deal to get him more money.

I?ve seen the Payton rumors, but I can?t see him leaving the Warriors. I also didn?t realize Payton is already 29 years old.
Yea, if JB is really intent on going to the Knicks and doesn't work with Mavs FO to get something in return, then fuck 'em. That sounds harsh but the Mavs have done a bunch for him (and vice versa) but he has to know the position it would put us in. Help the Knicks and yourself, along with the team that drafted you and gave you every opportunity.

I would think a SNT would look something like Burks + filler + our 2023 1st rounder back would be advantageous.

I don't think they would part with Quickley, but obviously someone the Mavs would want to try and get back. I would be interested in Jerico Sims, but not sure how the two-way contracts work in these types of trades.

They won't part with Barrett or Obi, and Randle and Fournier make too much to work and are big time meh (although could you get rid of Powell?).

This is just a clusterfuck and on the Mavs FO for not executing an earlier extension. But again, if JB is intent on going to the Knicks and doesn't make that clear to the Mavs and doesn't work with us, then I would have no love lost on him.

Last edited by saclare; 06-28-2022 at 12:20 PM.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote