View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #22
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Even though there was some recent chatter that he might think about staying...there is no way he says. GS was always going to be a rehab year for him because there was no pressure for him to come back too early but one playoffs he can def. helps make sure they win it all. After that he will be looking for a big deal and GS as you say can't give it to him almost in any circumstance. He looked good last night for a first game back but it is one game, I think anyone who doesn't understand why Macs would go after Cousins, may not understand basketball especially now that Luka has changes everything. DJ is good...but ALL he does is lob dunks and when teams take that away he has nothing. Someone like Cousins can dominate on his own and make things 10X easier for Luka and in turn Luka will make things easier for him. Again, Cousins or Vucevic would be my first options at C because they are very good overall players that would really help Luka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The warriors can only offer Cousins 120% of his current salary which is just over 5m. Around 6.4m is all they can offer him as long as they are over the cap. Even if they gutted the roster down and lost KD and found a way to lose Iggy and take no salary back they still would only be able to offer Cousins up to around 12-15m with holds I believe just eyeballing it. Maybe he is ok with that but I highly doubt it. And again they would have to gut the team and lose Livingston and everyone else who remotely has a salary above a minimum hold. This is a one year ring and leave thing for Cousins.