View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:Red River Shootout Thread

Benson has been hyped for the past two seasons, and still hasn't moved the ball on OU. I'll believe he can do it when I see him do it.

OU played today's game like they were looking ahead, and still won easily. Cumbie had plenty of time to make his reads because OU was playing 5 defensive backs most of the time. OU still held the nation's leading passer to 60 yards below his average and no scores, while grabbing 3 picks and forcing a fumble.

The key to this game is Vincent Young. OU's speed at linebacker isn't as good as last year's (losing Lehman) but Mitchell and Alexander have looked good so far this year. But Young is always a a threat to break off a touchdown on every scramble.

Adrian Peterson is the real deal. If it weren't for a holding call, he would have had 200 yards and 2 touchdowns today. He still finished with 146 and 1 TD. He is also a threat to score everytime he touches the ball.

I'm going to refrain from predicting a score, but I'm picking OU to win.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote