Old 10-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #35
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Red River Shootout Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
I have watched all but 2 games Young has played in.
Mediocre as a passing QB. The guy only surpassed the 200 yard passing mark once in his career(albeit short career) He has no sense of the rush, and his field awarness is atrocious(sp?). But the good thing is that he has speed and a powerful body which could help him become a standout WR.

BTW, you do realize he only threw the ball 6 times against KSU right
Once again, maybe you're judging him as a pro prospect which has nothing to do with how good of a college QB he is. Doesn't matter how many passes he threw against, he led the team to a win.

He doesn't throw often because Cedric Benson is the centerpiece of the team. When he doesn trow he's effective. Check his completion percentage (59%,58%)...check his QB rating (131,138). Look at the game winning touchdown toss against Arkansas. Maybe two or three other QB's in the nation make that play.
So apparently Mock is pretty awesome then too? Since he threw 16 passes in the Kstate game last year. I guess your point is if you play in a win your good?