View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #23
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Roll off some citations here, whether it's your church or another you know of.

I am not under the impression that churches are in the business of taking money from parishioners and redistributing it to outsiders.
Wow, you're completely ignorant of the charitable work done by churches on behalf of "outsiders"?

Let's see here, ever heard of the Salvation Army? You know, those obnoxious bell ringers at Wal Mart. What is that money used for? I wonder....

Let's go back to Hurricane Katrina. How many churches gave aid to the victims? How many churches sent people to Louisiana and Mississippi to help with the cleanup? Did you go help with the cleanup with your church? My brother and I did.

The LDS Church (mormons) have been involved in cleanup/relief efforts in just about every natural disaster in recent history (Katrina, that Tsunami a couple of years ago, etc).

How many Catholic charities are there in third world countries? I don't have the exact number, but there are many.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote