View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Im still so pissed about our almost Iggy signing...damn u Warriors and Jazz.

Calderon
Iggy
Deng or Granger
Dirk
Gortat

I think we have really nice chances to get Gortat. I'm not so sure if Deng stays with the Bulls...
22.7 Dirk
9.3 Marion
3.2 Carter
1.5 Larkin
0.8 Crowder
------------------
37.5 mill = five guys on roster and only 21mill in space.

It's pretty tough to imagine that we could fit Gortat (7.7mill), Calderon (6.8mill) and Granger (14.0mill), a total of 28mill in salary into the 21mill in cap space. That's even forfeiting all the other guys we signed to deals above the cap (Ellis/Wright).

If your plan was to have us sign some this year and some the next, then I'd be terrified to see the team with 2/3 of those guys and a bunch of scrubs on one-year deals for space next year.

I think the team we put together is actually pretty decent and if Dirk takes 7-8 mill next year, we'll have 26mill in cap space (with Marion, Carter, Harris, Crowder, and James coming off of the books), which is enough to get possibly one younger superstar with max contract or 2-3 guys with contacts like Ellis' to play alongside Dirk, Ellis, and Calderon.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote