View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #44
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Without marketing and sponsorships, there would be no NBA.

On that note...there would be no "many things".
That's not entirely true. The survival of the game of basketball is not dependent upon money. However, the amount of cash flowing into the business does make it tempting to put the game on the back burner.

I don't see it as all business or all sport. I see it as a mixture of both. However, the sport side must be allowed to play out without interference. So far, I think the system is working fine. Yi's agents (ie the Chinese government) are throwing a hissy-fit and the Bucks are holding ground. As long as Stern doesn't interfere and force the Bucks into a trade, I have no problems with how this is playing out.
But my original point still stands. The draft is primarily for the benefit of the teams. If the team and Yi can't come to an agreement then the Bucks can trade him away or let him sit out for a year. The only outcome that would tick me off is where the Bucks get stiff-armed into giving up Yi for practically nothing for the sake of the NBA business.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote