View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #47
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
That's not entirely true. The survival of the game of basketball is not dependent upon money.
Of course the game in itself isn't dependent on money. But that's not what I said. I said that the NBA was dependent on marketing and sponsorships.

Think about it. An NBA without marketing and sponsorships. That means low to no television broadcast. Take out most of the NBA gear that you see in retail. Reduce game attendance by hundreds if not thousands. And get ready for this one...NO NBA Cares. =/

You'll basically end up with the ABA. Have you heard about the ABA lately? I haven't. =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote