View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #88
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Will be interested in the tactic that the Mavs use to bid on Brand. They have a couple of options as I see it:

1) Blow all of the remaining space to bid on brand and use the mini MLE to retain Delonte
2) Use some portion of the space to bid on Brand ($3M), leave another $3M to try to swing for a Courtney Lee type of player, and use mini MLE on Delonte

Lee is still floating out there and would be a very nice get, but this will be an interesting next couple of days to see what the Mavs do. Anyone have any numbers on what the Blazers could bid? I'm going to assume the Rockets are out because they want to keep their cap space and that the Hornets will likely be out as well once they match Gordon.

Obviously in a scenario you land Lee, you'd be overloaded at the swing positions, but I'd imagine it would be easy enough to dump Dojo on some poor unsuspecting sucker.

The other thing I wanted to add is you have to wonder if the leak that the Mavs are going to outbid everyone for Brand is coming from the Mavs or Brand's camp in order to keep other bidders out of the process. If they were able to land Brand w/out using all of their cap space, that would be a real coupe.

Last edited by aexchange; 07-12-2012 at 10:02 AM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote