View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Before everyone gets too excited about the team as it is, I think people should consider the alternate strategies that the MBT are probably considering: dumping the expiring contracts at the deadline for a star player that we missed out on this offseason because of contract amount/length or letting them expire and shooting the moon in free agency next year. I guess if neither worked, we'd still have the chance to re-sign the three of them, too but I see the likelihood of at least 1 of them being traded as expiring by the deadline or just let expire as high.

There will be a lot of teams with buyers remorse from spending too much wanting out of those contracts and a few decent free agents next year too. Hopefully next years free agency will also be tempered a bit more. It's a decent hedge-betting strategy.

It's a strategy that may finally net us that second superstar, we may just not end up keep Kaman, jones and Collison

Still, dirk + a couple decent players make the playoffs and I think we got that

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-12-2012 at 11:10 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote