View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 02:38 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Sike, ideally Kobe's fame and millions wouldn't shield him from being justly tried as it apparently has. It's a flaw in our system and one not eaisly corrected.

Ideally in my mind Kobe would be given a just trial. If he was found guilty he would serve at least the next 20 years behind bars. If found guilty, then he'd be free to go.

If he was guilty, I'd love to see him stripped of all his money and put into a victims fund to benefit all victims of rape and other violent crimes. Maybe the victim will donate the excess money that she doesn't need for medical treatments and protection to a charity that does this. I don't expect this, but it would be the correct move IMO. But I still don't necessarily blame her if she keeps the money. It must be an awful feeling to have been violated with a crime like rape and then essentially be raped again by the system in the way it's treated her. Now she finds out that criminal justice is denied to her essentially because Kobe is a rich and famous. That's horrible.

Of course there is the possibility that she's lying and making this all up, but I think that it is incredibly small compared to the possibility that Kobe did indeed rape her.