View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 06:20 AM   #33
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Epitome22 wrote:

Well I for one can tell you how just how much weight this carries with me. World, take note! Epitome22 has declared Kobe innocent. It must be so. The kangaroo court has spoken: jury be damned! Epitome has spoken.
I was merely expressing my opinion. Never did I even insinuate that my opinion was substantial, should influence or have any bearing on the actual result of the trial. In fact this is plainly evident, more than enough people in this very forum have already given their verdicts in this case with much less eloquent gusto. I'm merely attacked because I didnt tow a disturbing line in this forum that wishes to convict Kobe for no other reason than he is a rich and successful black athlete who cheated on his wife and is not a fondly thought of Basketball player (in a basketball forum)

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
Epitome22 wrote:

This is yet another unfortunate reminder that even the most well-intended rape shield laws don't shield victims from the assinine epithets and slurs hurled by misogynist cretins.
Their is absolutly no validation to accuse me of being a misogynist for saying "I think Kobe's defense has put forth more than enough reasonable doubt"

If we are going to operate at this level then, This is yet another unfortunate reminder that even the most well intentioned civil rights legislation won't shield innocents from the assinine epithetes and slurs hurled by racists and people with serious class issues.

Note: You seem terribly bitter. Perhaps you should seek therapy to try understand where your puzzling resentment of rich black athletes stems from.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote