View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #93
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I'm saddened to see this. Denton is wretched, but Houston is more wretched than anything. I'd rather live in the African desert.
Compared to Houston, Rhylan, the African desert sounds pretty darned good to me right now. Specifically, considering the manifest criminal, panhandling, and vagrancy problems, horridly humid weather, terrible traffic, and the ugly amplitude of run down strip malls and ramshackle, unplanned neighborhoods that fill much of un-zoned, inner-loop Houston, just about the only good things I can say about my experience in the 4th ward are these: I do find it amusing to be able to see Clyde Drexler a couple of times a week at the downtown workout club that I frequent, and I am also able to buy $2.99 12 packs of good Minnesoatan 'Blue Diamond' beer ($6 a case !?!?!? Is that legal?) at the giant Specs mid-town store that happens to be located about half a block away from where I currently live... Other than that, I'm at a loss to think of much else that I could descibe as being decent in this accursed city...

Daily life in Houston, 4th Ward. My own little slice of paradise...