View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #51
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
I think you have to assume that Parcells doesn't see Henson as part of the future in Dallas. If he were, he would have run him out there, for at least a game or two.
I'm not ready to assume that yet. Mostly because coming into the season, I didn’t think that we should play Henson under any circumstance. As the season grew progressively worse, I like many Cowboys fans was anxious to see the future. That being said, I think it was best to let Drew sit the whole season. Have rookies played right away and had some success, sure, but like Chutch, this is no average rookie. He's been away from the game for fours years. I suspect that a year watching a seasoned veteran will help him down the line. I agree with Bill when he says you can ruin a guy by throwing him out there too soon and I just refuse to believe that he looked at this kid for a couple of months and concluded, "he'll never play for me". Remember that Pennington sat for a year and a half before seeing the field on a regular basis, and that was after four years at Marshall. I’m just not ready to write of Henson yet.