View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 AM   #116
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
IMO the Rondo trade is still worse. Although I don't fault them for the trade because we had the opportunity to get better and it just didn't work. But I think Wright was traded for a 1st to Phoenix? Then Crowder blossomed and I know he'd be worth a 1st now. Maybe with Crowder he gets playing time, or maybe he stays buried behind Aminu. Maybe it makes us less likely to fork over so much for Wes, maybe we draft Portis since we have wing depth... so much hindsight to analyze, which amounts to nothing obviously as it is hindsight. So essentially 3 1st rounders worth of value for a rental that quit on the team in a playoff situation. Giannis is still very bad though, especially since the move was aimed around saving money for DH12. You don't pass up promising players to save a few hundred thousand, something else surely could have been done to save that money or DH12 could have taken the smallest of small pay cuts.
That trade wasn't really that bad. It was bad for us because Rondo and Carlisle clashed. So on that front it was terrible. But Rondo is still a top 10 point guard in this league. He's still one of the best defenders on the perimeter and best rebounders. The trade was equal IMO. The Rondo we got is what messed us up.

The Greek Freak thing hurts. Because Donnie Nelson did everything but quit in order to get him in here.

And I just don't understand the logic behind it. You are drafting in the middle of the draft. You have a guy who's 6'11, athletic freak who can move like a point guard. Like at the very least don't you tell yourself "Hmmm....may be he can atleast come in here and defend for us?"? Its so frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Spoiler alert: we're going down that road again.
SMH......I mean it won't shock me. They are at the point now to what else can they do? They don't have a 1st rounder. Dirk isn't retiring. So what else can you do other than sell fake hope to the fans of this organization?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote