View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #113
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Tell me this:
What is a big time low post scorer going to do when:
1. he's double teamed half the time before he gets the ball
2. when he gets the ball, he's almost always immediately doubled
and
when he passes, there's never anyone making their way to the bucket other than Diop.
and
when he passes it out, he's passing it on the outside to a group of guys that really aren't all that great at shooting threes with the exception of Terry.

It's not that simple.. unfortunately.

Now, if you add a big time low post scoring threat WITH Dirk, you have something special. But if Dirk was simply a big time low post scoring threat, you'd still have most of the same problems.

Agreed. My earlier points were that Dallas needs a low post threat to play with Dirk. I don't think we have to have a superstar low post player. We just need someone capable of punishing a zone when that zone doubles Dirk. We need someone capable of punishing the Heat when Zo doubles on Dirk and ignores the paint. A role player about 6'10" or taller who can score in the low post and rebound and play average defense would set the Mavs up for nearly invincible season.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote