Thread: Hangover Cures?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Sure, you could babysit the children. I think that one sounds the most tortuous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A slamming headache takes all the fun out of kids.

I don't have a cure for the morning after misery you're in, but I have some thoughts on being able to better handle what you decide to drink (hopefully [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). The doctor is right, drink a bunch of water before hand (I usually keep water nearby even when I'm drinking and lots of it after). Also, have a steak. No kidding. I guess the protein causes less of the alcohol to be absorbed by your stomach lining. Anything on your stomach should help to some extent though.

I once had a huge debate thing in college - it lasted two or three days and we built up for it all semester, to compete against schools around the state. The night before the final "big day" I had some drinks throughout the night - not too much, wasn't really affected by them. The next day, felt great. That is, until half-way thru the morning session when I started to drink a ton of water. Well, I don't know the biological reason for this, but the alcohol hit my system AGAIN stronger than the night before (anyone have thoughts on why???).

eh hem, this breaks 100. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]