View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
If you elect chum....well hope, hope change, change and stuff
For too long we've been members of a board that has been controlled by the "special interests." We've been made...to believe...that our voice doesn't matter. That it's the Flacolaco's and the alby's and the U2sarajevo's who matter. They say...we can't do anything about that. But I say...yes, we can.

They say...we can't come here and express our opinions. They say...we can't come here and share our ideas. They say...we can't question authority...or demand that our forum be a better place...than it was for the people who came before us... But I say...yes, we can.

They call us foolish. They say that we can't change...the establishment. They say the powers that be are bigger and larger than whatever grass-roots movement we can assemble. They say that we can't participate in this board's politics...and I say...YES, we CAN!

Folks...this is the most important issue that we will face on this board in our lifetimes. We are at a crossroads. The question before us is whether we will stand back, silent, and watch the old way of doing things continue to dominate...or whether we will rise up, with our voices united, when they tell us we can't, and say loudly...YES, WE CAN!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote