View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #150
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The Brooks Bollinger File: Troy Aikman, Phil Simms and some guy I know weigh in

9:27 AM Thu, Oct 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Today I will try to get some folks in the know to weigh in on Brooks Bollinger vs. Brad Johnson. You know, get them to answer the most pressing question of the week. Who should start Sunday against the Giants?

Troy Aikman:

"Brad Johnson. It seems like a real stretch to think that Brooks Bollinger, after 10 career starts in six seasons and not having joined the Cowboys until September 8th, would be the best candidate to give the Cowboys a chance to win on Sunday against the defending World Champions.
Better mobility appears to be the primary argument on behalf of Brooks. I appreciate the fact that the game has changed in the eight years since I retired but I feel certain that there is more to playing QB in the NFL than escaping a pass rush."

Phil Simms:

"I would go with Brad without hesitation. His performance from the first game to the second game and his decision making were better. People say 'I love Brooks because he's more mobil.' Where's he going to run? He goes outside the pocket because he is not tall and he can not see downfield...
"I watched every play with Brad Johnson in the preseason and he beared up. He made plays. He had touch on the ball. He needs space to throw, He can't create his own space. It seems every time he throws now he is flicking the ball off his back foot. Tony Romo can move his feet and create that space."

But in the end Simms said:
"I'll say this when you have a good team like the Dallas Cowboys do, Brad should be your third-string quarterback."

Network TV type who is a longtime Jets season-ticket holder who has actually seen Bollinger start nine games for his beloved team.:

"Brooks Bollinger was probably the sorriest excuse for a quarterback the Jets have ever allowed to play in the Meadowlands this side of Rick Mirer."

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote