View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #2328
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I was re reading some history about that series. The writer basically said that Avery lost the team when he went ballistic after the third game and moved the team.

I had forgotten that part of the littlest napoleons resume.
I think we've all tried as hard as we can to erase it from our memories. The funniest thing was the way he was perceived by people outside of DFW. In the national media, and to most casual NBA fans, he was still a great NBA coach, and it was Dirk's fault that team lost being he was soft and a choker. Even after Golden State, Avery's reputation was still pretty much in tact, whereas Dirk's was torn to shreds.

I also loved how the season after that (2008) since Dirk's reputation was destroyed, various 'experts' started saying that Josh freaking Howard was in fact the most important player on the team.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote