View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #70
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
i love finley as much as the next mavs fan, but at this stage of his career, he's headed quickly to mitch richmond ville and steve smith town. he's a nice spot up shooter who doesn't do much of anything else.

if you poll all the GM's in the league, finley is clearly 3rd behind peja and ginobili. to say that peja doesnt play D, and that he chokes in the playoffs is laughable at best, and pure stupidity at worst. finley is a terrible ball handler, a great team leader, and an average defender at best. peja has the best stroke in the league, is a push with finley on the defensive end, and would fit great as the 3 here in the mavs system.

1. peja
2. ginobili
3. finley

IMO, Smith and Mitch were never as athletic as Fin is. Even Fin at 31 is better than Ginobilli. This won't be for long however. I guess everyone thinks Ginobilli is better than Fin is because he drives to the rack and he has had some success doing so. He's also a good defender. Not a shutdown guy but he can play average defense consistenly. But that's it when it comes to things he does better than Finley. I don't think anyone is saying Finley is better than Peja. I think at this point you can debate whether Peja is better than Dirk or vice versa.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote