View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #531
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
really? so to say "al capone was my favorite gangster of all time" means that you fully support his murders, and that you are stating that he should be held up as a role model? or to say "cortes was my favorite explorer" entails that you support the genocide of the aztecs?

no, not in the least. there's a concept called context, I suggest that it be applied. knee jerking is hazardous to your mental health.
There is a concept called context, and apparently you're the one that is struggling with the concept. She was citing Mao approvingly, as an inspiration...in exactly the same context in which she cited mother Theresa.

This was a political figure talking political philosophy citing a mass murderer as her favorite political philosopher. That's disgusting and if you had more sense than political herd instinct you'd distance from that ugly old bitch.