View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #51
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Lorenzen Wright?

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Their numbers are similar. I just think Dampier has a greater impact on the defensive end. It's not like it's a horrible deal for Dallas. I just don't want to get weaker in the middle defensively, and I think that's what the deal does.
I agree -- so is their a player(s) that would offset the difference. I wouldn't do a Damp - Wright trade straight up. I just remember Memphis wanting Damp really bad, and saying that they would have given much more than Dallas did to get him. If they would give much more, and they want to sell their #19, and Watson is a UFA, and Wright wants to move...... then what kind of deal could be made. I just think that if you can get enough out of the "rest" of the deal, that trading Wright for Damp is pretty well a wash.
Dalmations, I was going to say the same thing. West gripped about how he offered Golden State more talent and cap relief than the Mavs, but they still went with our deal. Could have been the Chris Mullin and Nellie connection, anyway, I think Memphis are still hot and heavy for a guy like Dampier. He's a much more physical guy than Lo Wright and scores a lot more baskets in the paint, Lo Wright has a similar offensive game to Bradley, a very consistent jumper, less dunks. But I love the idea of Battier/Lo Wright/#19 for Dampier and filler. I would then shop Stakhouse or Terry. With #19, take Bynum or another project C, then we have filled the need for a solid starting C, made room for a future C in the near future, and gotten younger, and less cap space.

I think if any deal had J. Will in it, it would have to give us another talent, such as Battier. I mean, Lo Wright and J. Will is the scrap from that team, no way they are moved for our prime pieces without them giving something in return.

EDIT: Lo Wright and #19 for Dampier is the only trade I could get to work that I had any thought about doing. Since we have too many swingmen in here already, I think we would have to get rid of Stak or Fin or Daniels before we took one back on. And you can't trade free agents so Earl can't be added unless you can guess what he will make and then match that with someone on our team. But I would think long and hard about the Lo Wright and #19 for Damp trade.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote