View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:They're happy in the WH today

Quote:
And just what "Clinton actions made that...crash much harsher"??? Be sure to differentiate between Clinton and Greenspan.
Clinton's administration made the most horrible blunder of the 90's as affecting the economy and that was their prosecution of Microsoft. While it did line Clinton's and other official's pockets with a great deal of money as well as several big businesses, it cost honest hard working American's billions of dollars and led to a nose dive of the stock market and the economy that was not necessary as part of the market correction for the internet bubble.

Quote:
Clinton was in office for many years longer than the tech bubble, and that was a small influence on the economic expansion of the 90's. Free trade had more to do with the boom than tech IMHO.
How you could so causually dismiss the internet bubble is beyond me. No single factor came anywhere close to the economic prominence of this during the 90's IMO. And your beloved free trade was greatly increased in effectiveness by the internet and tech developments. It was only when the tech industry went south that the 90's boom began to be a bust.

BTW one of the best things that Bush did in restoring the economy is killing that dumbass lawsuit against Microsoft. However it wasn't until after a great deal of damage had already been inflicted.

Quote:
You are using a very short term economic swing to give accolades to GWBush, so a commensurate short term look at the employment figures seems appropriate. The short term perspective shows employment growth peaking in March and decreasing decreasingly since...that's the falacy in short term looks such as you want to do.
Let me get this, you're saying just because not as many new jobs are being created as in previous months that this makes it negative? Talk about spin doctoring. I guess if I lose 5 lbs one week and only lose 21bs the next week that I'm actually gaining weight according to you. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]