View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 05:24 PM   #25
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:They're happy in the WH today

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
The actual adjusted value (adjusted for splits/dividends) of the MSFT share that was bought in Oct '97 (when the DofJ suit was filed) is $16.43. Today's close is $26.43.
The major damage was not done until the 1st verdict was rendered. That was not until 2000. So it is completely immaterial what the price was in 1997. The action was started in 1997, however until the verdict was reached, no significant damage occured. After the verdict stocks, not just Microsoft, began a sharp nose dive.
The adjusted value for a share purchased in 12/00 is $28.07
The adjusted value for a share purchased in 11/01 (when the Stipulation was agreed to) is $28.82.
As I said, todays close is $26.43.
that is certainly NOT a "sharp nose dive"...except in your surreal world.

Quote:
I don't know what you're reading, the issue was not "pricing" or microsoft selling their product "too cheaply", the issue is and was bundling, specifically IE. They used their market position to kill Netscape. The same issue is being tried even today in Europe, just now it is about Media Player.
I bet I know what you've been reading and that was the spin placed on this by the media. However, my information was obtained by reading the official court verdicts and transcripts. Sadly, the majore complaint and reason for the Microsoft breakup was no bundling products but was selling products too cheaply. The entire rationale, as stated by the court in it's ruling, was that Microsoft MIGHT do something with it. Now you could argue that Microsoft did deserve some minor sanctions, as did their competitors and chief complaintants, however nothing in their behavior justified the government in asking for the death penalty or the break up for the company.

All the crap about IE and media player was simply political rhetoric to confuse the public and mislead people. That was a part, but an incredibly small part, of the case. The major points of prosecution and ruling had nothing to do with this. Although if you follow the media only it's no wonder that you wouldn't have realized this. The media refuses to report the truth when it can instead try and make it up into a better story. [/quote]

What a bunch of BS. I've shown the focus of the case by the quotes from the judgement. Ignore them if you wish, the crux of the US Government's case against Microsoft was the bundling and failure to allow the OEM vendors to seperate IE from Windows.

Quote:
yeah, if it isn't what you wish to hear just dismiss the facts. sorry, that doesn't make the truth go away.
Do you put your hands over your ears and yell when you do this?
Behaps you should read your own words. Maybe you just don't want to face the fact that your boy Clinton screwed the pooch on this one big time.[/quote]

here we go again, that preoccupation with Clinton. When the facts are against you, just blame Bill...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote