Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #882
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I think he's going to surprise people in Houston. Winning with that shredded squad will be tough but the numbers will surprise. Still only 23, too.

I trust Morey's judgement (although they let him go, so did Dallas).

Fantasy target..
Didn't Lin choose the Warriors over the Mavericks? I wasn't recalling that Dallas let him go. I thought they wanted him.

Wish there were a good way to quantify Lin's $-impact on ticket sales, foreign TV markets and merchandise sales to measure against the luxury tax effects, but I don't know what it is.

Houston is a geat outcome for Lin, I think. Knicks roster is toxic with some really ugly attitudes coming out of the lockerroom re Lin. A little less pressure, a little more opportunity in Houston. And he'll sell tickets there too.

Losers are the newly-interested, newly-motivated, newly-energized Asian fan base in NYC, and anyone who loved rooting for an underdog. Would be great to see Prokhorov sign Lin as a competent backup in a couple of years, and rub the ticket sales in Dolan's face. Afraid some of the magic might be gone by then though.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote