View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #1990
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
That was an AWFUL draft. Good lord. Not a single star in the bunch. The only stars that may ever come out of that draft are long-term development guys like Gobert and Giannis. Who will ever be a good NBa player for years to come? Dieng? Olynyk? That's like three out of 60 guys.

In a normal draft, we'd only have about a 1/5 chance of securing a star and 1/3 chance of getting a solid role player. In that draft, it must have been about a 0% chance at a star and a 1/25 chance at getting a solid role player. Just an awful draft year.
I get what you're saying, but none of that should apply to a then-18 year old Giannis. He might not be a STAR yet, but he's only 20 and going into his 3rd year. Dude's a freak that is still growing. Really wish we had picked him up. If nothing else, he'd have been fantastic trade fodder.

Of course, I've been pretty open about my disappointment that they didn't draft Portis this year. Talk about value. He's going to have a long career, do a lot of dirty work, and be someone that can score from inside and out for you. And he's tough. And he takes pride in his still improving defense. Still rooting for Anderson, of course, but really think the Mavs will look dumb (like many NBA teams) for passing on Portis.

Last edited by ocelot_ark; 10-13-2015 at 06:13 PM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote