Thread: Who thinks....
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who thinks....

Quote:
They have also had great teams to play for. A young qb is going to suck especially in a Cowboys uni. If you aren't as good as Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach you suck in this town. I understand that. We expect alot out of our qb. However, you can't expect a young qb to come right in and succeed when he has had 4 different playbooks to learn in the past 4 years.
FFM, you know better than this. I'm not saying that Carter sucks in comparison to Staubach or Aikman, although that comparison definitely magnifies his suckiness. I'm saying Carter objectively sucks; that is, he sucks in comparison to your average, run of the mill, NFL starter.

I don't care if you gave the guy one playbook for the rest of his life and assembled a ton of offensive talent around him. He will still suck.

At this point, it's not even about succeeding. No one expects Carter to win games. They just ask him not to lose games. And he can't do that.