View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #27
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Who should go if one has to?

Psych, I don't know that AJ is an elite creator on his own, but I do think he is a very capable one. I don't think he'll ever be a guy who will create for others (though he has certainly seemed to be a willing and solid passer), which is the potential that AW brings. It is for this reason that I do not count myself with those who feel that AW has to go. As to Walker's production, yes he's produced more, but he's also been given the opportunity to produce more. And it's really not that I feel that either player has distinguished himself as the better baller in the short time their talents have been on display in a Mavs uni as much as it is that I feel that AJ has proved to be the better fit with the Big 3 the way we are used to saying the Big 3 play. That is why, if I had to move one right now, it would be AW: because the Big 3 together are a proven commodity. It is my hope, however, that over time a chemistry will develop between all of our Big 5, in large part because the odds are stacked against anybody else being traded this year, IMO.