View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #106
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
This is why many neighbors have Neighborhood Watch programs, where local citizens patrol the neighborhood. These people are not law enforcement officers. They are people like you and me. Some of them carry handguns (with license/permit), and others do not.
I find this a good solution for the-police-arrives-to-late-problem. But to ensure the right behavior in different situations and the handling of guns, I would dictate those people to pass a training course (maybe by the police).
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So if he doesn't get out there the robbers get away, obviously the cop wasn't there.
There was already a detective in his car, and if Mr Horn wouldn´t have shot the burglars, the detective would have probably arrested or better followed the burglars and therewith maybe snapped some other burglars too (if those two were organized in a racket).
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwin
On another occasion, I traveled to Chicago from Texas for a conference. I went to the wrong hotel (darn mapsco). I was in the bad part of Chicago. I pulled over in my new Toyota Camry wearing a white shirt and tie. I stepped out to walk into a small "ma and pa" type grocery store. 8 men eyed me and started to flank me walking out a circle to enclose me. I looked like an easy target. I calmly reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a revolver and spun the wheel. I put the revolver back in my pocket and pulled out a knife which I flipped open and scratched my face with. I put the knife back in my pocket. I stood still and glared at the group. They broke up and walked 180 degrees away from me (each in a different direction). I was not an easy target.
You can thank god, that those men obviously were not a dangerous gang of criminals, otherwise you would have been dead...

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 07-02-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote