View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #65
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
See... This is what I mean... You guys dont read carefully enough before you post... I said in a post DIRECTLY TO YOU: "Ugh... I told you already that this is based on a teams best guy or best guys... It was not Horace Grant's Bulls but it was Ewing's Knicks."

This is why you can't compare Fisher to Monroe in my example... To ask questions like that is just flat nitpicking and frankly, reaching...

Regarding "The Pearl" vs. "The Glove" I say hands down Gary was the better player, (but this isn't really fair, because you are comparing a PG to a SG - Earl always had other guys dishing the ball like Lucas and Frazier)... Keep in mind that when Monroe won a title he had Walt, Dave, and Bill all scoring more than him with Willis and Jerry all close behind...

Please don't nitpick and please dont reach... If you want your opinion respected, do the same for me rather than trying to find a crack every place you can!!!
the Knicks weren't Monroe's team, the Lakers weren't Fisher's team. Fisher had Shaq, Monroe had Reed...both Monroe and Fisher were point guards. not a reach at all. they played the same role, they didn't carry the load of scoring at all. they weren't asked to.

Monroe's got one ring, Fisher has three. similar numbers in their title year, similar roles, different numbers of titles...

Monroe went to NY to win a title and be a role player, Payton went to LA to win a title and be a role player, and Fisher has been a role player his whole career. almost IDENTICAL numbers in said seasons, even though Payton outclasses both of them in every other season he's played (but doesn't have a ring). so, who's better, Payton, Monroe or Fisher?

I'm not saying titles aren't important, because they are, but I don't think it defines how good the player is at the game of basketball. that's the first and foremost thing, to me at least, when you talk about being an all-time great, which is an individual accolade. that's what I'm trying to prove here.