View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Clippers-Warriors was an entertaining game until the end, some thoughts:

-Billups is a ball dominator and shoots way too much (6/19), it felt like every time he had the ball he was chucking up a shot. I actually don't mind his game normally, and thought he'd be a solid backup PG for us if we could somehow get him, but now it definitely looks like he wouldn't be the right fit.

-Deandre Jordon is a SERIOUS threat for Defensive Player of the Year. Most people knew that already, but the kid is a monster. 8 blocks tonight, and multiple altered shots as well. Very long and athletic, him and Blake Griffin are going to present numerous matchup problems to due their athleticism.

-CP3 and Blake both looked very dangerous all game. As soon as it looked like one was shut down, the other was scoring like crazy. Blake took over the third quarter with multiple buckets in a row, and CP3 had some huge jumpers in the second half.

-Mo Williams only had 8 FGA and played only about 22 min. I feel like he's going to be the forgotten man, due to CP3 and Billups. I think he'll be wanting out of LA before the end of the season, just a hunch.

-Butler looked good to me, even though he missed some shots. Did a good job rebounding, took good shots, and played pretty good defense. I think LA is a good fit for him, he'll be able to play a supporting role without much pressure and I think he'll do well.

-Brandon Rush, Klay Thompson, and Andris Biedrins were all bright spots for the Warriors. Rush showed active hands with a couple blocks and steals, Thompson had a rough start but settled down and made some nice plays, and Biedrins was very active and did a great job on the glass in limited minutes.

The Clippers certainly look like a legit threat to me, definitely a playoff team. Very athletic and deep, lots of scoring and a strong defensive presence inside with Deandre Jordan and on the perimeter with CP3. The score well, rebound well, and get out and run well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote