View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm wondering if that is a mutual understanding. Dirk doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team and if we don't land at least one all-star caliber player he'd most likely be playing for a lotto bound team.

Dirk may want out if we don't land a decent FA....that may have already been discussed behind closed doors.
I would have never considered this to be a possibility until Golden State mentioned that Dirk was their Plan B after Durant... It just makes so much sense for everyone -- Dirk gets to compete for a ring in a low-pressure situation as the #3 option on a team that can maximize his skill set while Dallas is free to get on with its rebuild from a position of strength (probable sign-and-trade instead of retirement).

Plus, Parsons would be free to maximize his payday on a team that might actually be able to better utilize him... I mean, we brought him in to be our #1 scorer and he isn't. Maybe he needs a situation where he's the clear-cut #2 option? I dunno, but it seems like there are several teams in better situations than Dallas that are willing to max him out.

Win-win?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote