View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #47
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'll continue with devils advocate on this topic...

Low ball him? I'm a little confused by that. He was getting paid pennies at Houston, and came here unproven in terms of consistency and had a massive pay increase. He has already been overpaid to come here based on potential and still hasn't shown consistency. He has shown trends, but that's it. So; Injured, trending upwards, Then injured.. then max out pay day?!

I do like him, I wish he was more aggressive most of the time in several areas but I like him overall. I just worry that we max him, and then Injury again.

I'm not sold on the scenario that we Max out Parsons coming off two injuries because there isn't anyone quite as good as he could be potentially, if he becomes and remains healthy. I'm leaning towards let him go if he isn't willing to work reasonably and get the next best thing with less risk of missing games.
None of that matters when the market says he's getting max offers from other teams. The mavs have no alternative options. Let Parsons walk and forget attracting ANY notable free agents this season and increase the chance Dirk is not in a Mavs uniform in October.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-23-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote