View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #48
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Right before Parsons got hurt, I was thinking 4yrs/$80M was about right for him. Apparently his first-year salary on a five-year max deal is $22M with whatever the requisite raises are. Now, assuming the Mavs are comfortable with $20M per year like I guessed, what in the world would prevent them from an extra $2M this summer and like $6M in year five? I know we're talking MILLIONS of dollars here, but do you really want to lose him because of about $40M over five years (most of that being about $28M or so in year five)? That seems silly to me, unless you've talked with other prospective targets' agents and the word is we won't be in the running for anyone. Then I understand rebuilding. But man, would I hate to lose Dirk because we didn't pay Parsons an extra $2M this year and subsequently dropped out of the running for a lot of other top-tier free agents.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote