View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #64
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What "need to feel superior" are you talking about? If I root for Dirk, and Dirk wins, then I win... It's not like there's anything at stake if Team USA loses - I'm not on the squad, nor is a loss going to jeopardize America's political or economic standing in the world.
I'm refering to basketball pride. The whole basis behind assembling the dream team was because we lost, right? We needed to be the best at basketball. So we put our best guys out there so we would win.

My statement was more a generalization in jest that Americans feel that we have the best basketball players and we should always win. So if your love for Dirk is greater than that, cool. I just said it would be weird for me if the US lost.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote